Thursday 13 October 2016

Use Sepia Tones at Crafty Ribbons

This week over at Crafty Ribbons our challenge is to use Sepia Tones. I have to say I had a mini meltdown until lovely Lucy told me to just use brown!! Hahaha. Bless her - total meltdown averted!

I went with theses LOTV papers with one of my favourite LOTV images :-)
I've used some of the lush new Christmas Doodle ribbon (Merry Kiss-mas) which I think finishes the card off nicely.
I hope that you get a chance to join us - it's not as scary a challenge as it first appears ;-)

Thank you for all your well wishes for my Gran. They made 'em tough in the old days :-) We're taking a day at a time but she is looking sooo much better. We're trying to sort out various bits of care but it's a total nightmare and how people cope on their own is a mystery. The way the government treats the old and vulnerable is absolutely shameful and I've been utterly shocked by the whole episode. Anyhoo, I shall get off my soap box and see you tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by xxx

11 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

One of my faves, uninked this year so far. Loveing the sepia, fab card x

Annette said...

It's a lovely colour for a Christmas card. I'm not sure if I could do sepia but brown is lovely and I do love this snowy!!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely fabbo! Stunning colouring and who knew a brown Xmas card could look so good!!
Lucy x

Tracy Welham said...

Very beautiful, love the sepia tones, sweet image. Hope you are able to sort care for your gran. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Carole Pollard said...

Just love this fabulous design that snowman is great love and hugs Carole x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Gorgeous card! It's such a warm winter card. You did a great job with the sepia tones. Lucy was right sepia is just a fancy word for browns.

Squirrel x said...

Snowy looks fantastic in these colours hun, gorgeous card indeed! Sadly I get to see what happens to the elderly on a regular basis and try to sort out the mess. Xx

Katrina Bufton said...

Beautiful card. The white die cuts give it such a delicate look.
Hugs,
Katrina xx

Sande said...

Very pretty and love the Sepia tones. I was wondering if you used Copics? And if so what ones you used. Your snowman makes the Kraft (tone) paper perfectly.

thecraftycavalier said...

Thank you Sande. I do use copics and the pens I used on this one were E40, E41, E42, E43, E44. xx

Sande said...

Thanks so much for sharing this information that is very sweet of you to do. I will have to give it a try but doubt I'll come close to yours. It is just perfectly matched to the Kraft paper. XX