Friday 10 April 2015

Bellarific Friday Challenge

This week over at the Stampingbella 'Bellarific Friday' challenge there is a sketch for inspiration.This card soooo did not turn out the way it was meant to but in the end I had a bit of a hissy fit and left it as it was ;-)
So, this was the sketch:
sketch-7-april-10 copy
At least I got to use my new lush ribbon :-) The stamp is Uptown girl Charlie sits by the Chimney and the papers are 'Fresh Raspberries' from Raspberry Road.
I was going for black and white to go with some papers that, once again, I KNEW were in my crafty stash. Oh man, did I throw a hissy when they weren't to be found. I have learned my lesson this week - find papers BEFORE colouring begins!

The scones are no more and I have started the diet again with a new sense of purpose. In part this has been helped by the fact that my husband is also on a diet following his health check ;-) 

Sending hugs xx



14 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh oh not another hissy fit lol!!
Love this Jayne I really like the black and white theme!
Lucy x

Kara Lynne said...

I can't imagine what those papers must've been like, because this card is so gorgeous!! I'm pinning this!

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab image Love it.xxx

Patricia said...

Why the "hissy fit" this is absolutely amazing, love it.
Patricia x

Squirrel x said...

Oh my, she is stunning hun - love the black and white with the bright splash of red. So glad it didn't turn out how you wanted, this version is perfect sweetie! Gorgeous shading on that super image. Hugs xx

Kat W said...

It may not have been as imagined in your head but it's absolutely gorgeous so I'd chalk that up as a win!
I love the elegance of the black and white but those little pops of red really add a lovely extra detail :-) In fact, you may notice a similarity colour-wise with a card I am going to be posting over the weekend...great minds think alike?!

I hope you ave a lovely weekend :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx

Annette said...

I've not got this image but am falling in love with Uptown Girls. She's lovely in the B&W, I love the splash of red.
Have a lovely weekend.
xx

Lorraine said...

I think she looks fabulous in black and white and I love the pop of red too. A gorgeous card all round!
Lorraine x

Kerri said...

Great card love the snowflakes!!

Sue said...

Don't be too hard on yourself...this card looks beautiful, your colouring is gorgeous and the monochrome theme with dashes of red is stunning...
Sue...xxx

coops said...

wow so stunning jayne.i love the fabulous image and the mono colours with the pop of red are fantastic :D

xx coops xx

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Completely stunning! This is so stylish and fabulous. I love the striking colour scheme, so perfect for this gorgeous image.
Rebecca.
x

Jennifer said...

Oh dear Jayne, you make me laugh!!!! Why on earth would one throw a hissy fit over this card....it is SOOO gorgeous....'rich, opulent' are 2 more words that spring to mind. Love your beautiful colouring too.

Big Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Black, white, gray, and red ROCKS! I saw the word "opulent' in the comment above--great word to describe this card.

Anyway, I've had that same hissy fit for the same reason. You think we'd learn our lesson but I bet we both do it again.