Thursday 18 September 2014

Have you entered the Great Penguin Challenge 2014?

Over on the very lovely, yet slightly crackers, Squirrel blog there is, now running, the Great Penguin Challenge of 2014. Have you entered? It's been super fun and such a great idea :)

All you need to do is make a card featuring penguins. Simples!! So, this is my second penguin card (I have a further one to come - yep, Squirrel has sent me penguin loopy!!)
I just love the shape of these Craftwork Cards card blanks (thank you Annette!) The image is LOTV and the papers are 'Snow Princess' and 'Snow Princess Too' from NitWit Collections. The sentiment is from a free set of stamps that came  with the latest copy of Simply Cards and Papercraft.

Apologies for being a very bad blogger lately. The start of a new school year for those of us with children who have any type of additional needs always seems to be fraught.I'm not sure if it's just this particular school but we all seem to be fighting the same battles this year as last. And the year before that :(  Onwards and upwards :)
Hoping that you are having a fab week and  have a great weekend. We are hoping to get to the Yorkshire Wildlife Park. Thank you for stopping by, hugs, Jayne xx

10 comments:

Sue said...

I LOVE this sweet image! Your colouring is fabulous, the papers are gorgeous and all your detailing is so beautiful too.
hugs Sue xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So sos cute and a great layout and lovely colours. My penguin card will be blogged tomorrow, couldn't miss this challenge x

Squirrel x said...

Soooooooooo sweet and gorgeous! And who are you calling crackers? Pot and kettle you lunatic, rofl. Super cute pingus hunny, thanks so much for the promotion. Huggles xx

Unknown said...

This is so pretty and cute! Such gorgeous papers and fab stamp!
Lucy x

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Jayne. Love those cute penguins and all the pretty details.
We went to the Yorkshire Wildlife Park at the end of the summer hols - Tom and Emma absolutely loved it!! (I would recommend taking a pack up as the food was quite expensive and long queues.) Have a fab time!
Lorraine x

Annette said...

Oh my word, this is GORGEOUS. I love the colours and your shading is perfect. This is one of my fave LOTV images too. I love it.
Did I mention that I love it?
Hugs
Annette
xx

Annette said...

PS - this is one of my fave shapes too, I'm glad you've found the card blanks, they're so easy to use! :0)

Cazzy said...

I love your penguin card, the penguins are so cute!

downrightcrafty said...

I have and this is another gorgeous inspirational piece for more to join love the image and the shaping on the card
hugs Kate x

coops said...

so beautiful jayne.gorgeous detailing and design and i love the sweet penguins ;D

xx coops xx