Thursday 8 August 2013

Christmas in August over at Lili's Little Fairies!

We've gone all 'HoHoHo' over at the Fairies this week and are encouraging you to make a start on those Christmas cards. I confess to buying the Hunkydory Blockbuster on Create and Craft a few weeks ago because I just can't see me getting time to make lots of handcoloured lovingly crafted cards this year!! This, however, was a great opportunity to make a special card for someone close!
I really love these Nitwit papers - I'm a big fan of aqua for Christmas cards! I've gone with lovely James the bear and a couple of LOTV sentiments. The tattered poinsettia is the Tim Holtz die from Sizzix and I've embossed  the white card with the cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. I've also used the LaLa Land Heart Banner die (again).
I've used the Spellbinders Grand Decorative circles and Grand circle dies to make the card base. I've made lots of easels using these and the Grand Decorative Ovals but they're just super pretty :D
I coloured this before the bump got mahoosive!

Hope that you get the chance to join us this week. Big hugs, Jayne xx

8 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Gorgeous Jayne and congrats on your new baby girl!!!!
Happiness and love

Alyx said...

Fab card Jayne! Gorgeous shape and love, love, love the aqua. Little James the Bear is pretty cute too.

Hope you're taking things easy!
xx

coops said...

so stunning jayne.really fabulous icy colours and i love your design and adorable image :D

xx coops xx

Kat W said...

I agree that aqua looks stunning for Christmas cards especially on this beautiful easel card :-)
Congrats on the birth of bump!

Hugs, Kat xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card jayne. James the bear is so sweet and I love the design and colours.

HUGE congratulations on the birth of your daughter. I hope you are both doing well.
Lorraine x

Doreen said...

Beautiful card,lovely image and gorgeous details.xxx

Squirrel x said...

I am impressed! I could be cynical and think your post was scheduled but I prefer to think you are insane and actually posted this on Thursday. Beautiful card m'friend. Now go and rest xx

The Craft Bucket said...

Gorgeous & many congratulations on the birth of your Daughter, Isis.
Love Jane x