Sunday 28 October 2012

Silouettes - My first Sheenie challenge!

Woohoo! My first Sheenie challenge - how giddy am i? The theme for the next two weeks is 'silhouettes'. I've never made a silhouette card before so I was super nervous. Huge thanks to Paula for helping me out with some stamps it's a real long story!!

Please excuse the amateur first go with the Martha Stewart PATP Cherish punches - I will practice! The beautiful backing paper is from Crafts and Me - the Forest Fairy digi kit so you can just keep using your favourite :) The stamps are the very beautiful Fairy Whispers Silhouette stamps (JS324) from Joanna Sheen - scrummy. I've used the Memory Box Spring Border die again because I love it. Sorry. The flowers and ribbon are coutesy of WOC.

This was my first attempt at a silhouette card. I put my insert in first and when I'd finished the card I opened it up to find the beautiful insert upside down in the front cover of the card. I am a genius!

You know I said that one day I would laugh about my daughter's behaviour on Friday? Well I laughed yesterday - because yesterday it was even worse!! I've decided that a sense of humour is essential to parenting an exhuberant child.

Hope you get chance to visit all the Sheenie blogs - their cards are absolutely amazing and I am really honoured to be part of the team :)

Super hugs, Jayne xx

15 comments:

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Jayne. Love the silhouette and gorgeous papers!
I will e-mail you later if I can get it working...it's playing up again...but there's a big thank you in there!!
Keep smiling!
Lorraine x

Crafty Lark said...

Beautiful card, very magical. xx Flora

Caroline said...

WOW this is gorgeous love the sihouette fairies and little scene you have made and the colours are beautiful. Welldone. Caroline xxx

Kim said...

fantastic DT card Jayne, love it! and yes, a sense of humour is essential when a parent! my youngest has driven me to distraction (if not drink!) at times - and at 14 still does occasionally! I'm not sure how one child can be so gorgeous and such a pain all at the same time....
Kim x

downrightcrafty said...

simply gorgeous so soft and a lovely scene just beautiful
Hugs Kate x

Alyx said...

Really gorgeous card Jayne. Absolutely love the colours you've used. And yes, it's even nicer as an easel.
xx

Sue said...

This is stunning Jayne. I love the image and the colours and detailing are wonderful

hugs Sue

Kelly Lloyd said...

WOW Jayne, this is wonderful.. The shape and design is great, gorgeous colours and stiking image.. Those dies are so pretty too.

Hugs Kelly

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Very pretty and fairyland like. Well done Jayne.xxx

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jayne, beautiful image and the colours are stunning, love it.
Hugs Wendy xx

coops said...

wow this is fantastic jayne.really love the silhouette image and your colours are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Squirrel x said...

Oh wow hun, despite your nerves, you've nailed this one! Love it to bits. Hugs Sxx

Deborah said...

Gorgeous card Jayne. Love the image and papers that you have used. Can't believe its your first attempt at a Silouette card its excellent.

Anne said...

Love this card - everything about it works perfectly and the colours are inspired x

Anonymous said...

stunning Jayne as ever , your cards are a true inspiration.
Carol

www.dreamees.org.uk