Tuesday 7 August 2012

Whispy in the Garden!

It's an 'Outdoors' challenge over at Saturated Canary but as I suck at grass this is the best I can come up with!!!!!


Apologies that the photo sucks; the camera is now refusing to activate the flash and is generally misbehaving. Grrrr.

I used some stunning butterfly paper from the DCWV Mariposa stack and then covered it completely with embellies. Duh! I fell in love with this stack a year ago but only bought it recently. The colours scare me but the papers are soooo yummy I'm going to have to get a grip and leave my pastel comfort zone to use them.

The image has been coloured with copics: R32, R35, R37, R39, E29, E25, E23, E50, YG67, YG63, YG61 and G20. I'm going to have to sit and practice colouring hair :(  I've used my new Die-namics Fancy Flourish die and the Spring Border from Memory Box. The sentiment is a new-ish one from LOTV. The flower on the bow was a freebie from Creative Cardmaking magazine. I didn't think I would ever use it but the bow was a bit messy so I used it to hide the bodge!!! hehe.

I've gone mad with embellishments but I haven't crafted for over a week so I was like a kid in a sweet shop! Forgive my exuberance! Hugs, Jayne x

I'm entering this into:
Saturated Canary 'The Great Outdoors' challenge 
Divas By Design - Flowers

9 comments:

Squirrel x said...

And you have the nerve to call me a whack job? How can you get so much stuff on a card and it still look so good hun? If I tried that it would look like the aftermath at a jumble sale. Love the SC image, and her hair is perfectly fine, and all the frilly bits are fab. Can you teach me to add more to my cards? Hugs Sxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jayne. I love the pretty image and you have coloured her beautifully. Those papers are wonderful and the embellishments are fabby too.

hugs Sue

Vicky said...

Beautiful card hun love the colours.

Thank you for joining us girlies over at Saturated Canary Challenges, hope you can join us next time. Good luck.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Lorraine said...

This looks gorgeous Jayne. The image and colours are fab and as always I love how you add your embellies. Really like the bow!!
Glad you had a good holiday.
Lorraine x

coops said...

so stunning jayne.your colours are gorgeous and i love your details and fab sc image ;D

xx coops xx

Rosietoes said...

Not sure if my first comment made it so I'll try again. :)
Looks lush to me Jayne. Love those colours.

Edna x

Debs said...

so pretty.. :0)..thanks for sharing with us at Saturated Canary Challenges..hugs Debs x

June Nelson said...

Hello me lovely this is delish!!!! its so beautiful love your colour combo me darlin, thanks for joining us this week at SC its lovely to have you, big huggies June xxxx

Loopylou. said...

oh wowzers! I am loving the outdoors christmassy feel to this card,its fabuloous!
Thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the Saturated canary challenge blog
Hugs Lou xx