Friday 17 August 2012

Saturated Canary photo challenge!

Hmmm, normally I would run away screaming from photo challenges! They just instill a sense of panic in me - but then I am slightly peculiar! However, the pink flowers on the photo enthused me and I ended up with one very pink card! lol! The pink is doubley perfect because I stumbled across a new challenge blog 'In the Pink' that's all about pink!! Genius. Gotta love a mind that comes up with the perfect challenge blog!!



The papers are definitely papermania but I can't tell you which pack because I'm down to the last dregs of the pad and I can't find the cover sheet. I've stuck so many embellies on though the papers could be anything! lol! I must learn some restraint. I'll pop it on my wish list!!

Isn't it great when you get to use all your fave embellies on one card? I've used the butterfly border from the Tim Holtz range at Sizzix, the Magnolia Doo Hickey fence and dragonfly and the Cheery Lynn French Pastry Doily die. Then I ran out of room!!!The image is the yummy Honey again as she's my new favourite. I used a mix of copics and promarkers: Skin - Coral, sunkissed pink, blush, ivory, Dress - R85, R 83, R81, RV000, RV0000, Hair - C0, C1, C3, C5, C7. The flowers are from WOC and the beautiful ribbon is from Sam Poole.

It's not often I really enjoy making a card but this one cheered me up. It's good to make a card just to please yourself every once in a while!

I've spent ages colouring an image and made a pig's ear of the last bit :( I'm off to see if I can salvage it now that I've calmed down a bit!

Hugs for the weekend, Jayne xx

I'm entering this into:

Saturated Canary - Challenge 24 Photo Inspiration
Polka Doodles - Celebration 
In the Pink Challenge - Fifty Shades of Pink 
Totally Papercrafts Challenge - Inspired by a song - in this case The Psychedelic Furs 'Pretty in Pink' (I am a child of the '80s and loved the film too!!!!
Wags n Whiskers - Favourite Colour Combo

19 comments:

Sarah said...

Fabulous card! Beautifully coloured!

Have a great weekend!

Sarah x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous card Jayne - those embellies certainly are LUSH and the colouring is perfection!
Thank you for joining in the fun at the first ITP challenge - hope we will see you next time!
Sylvia x

The-crafty-corner said...

Hello there-What a gorgeous card ! Your colouring is fabulous :) x

Squirrel x said...

Gosh hun, this is pink!! Sorry I can't tell you what the papers are - you did use papers didn't you?! Gorgeous fluffy card, and such a brilliantly coloured image. Hugs, Sxx PS. Don't you even think about sending FSG!

Sue said...

WOW!! This is stunning Jayne. That image is indeed gorgeous and you have coloured her so beautifully. I really love all those pretty embellishments too.
I hope you have a fabby weekend
Hugs Sue

Little K Smith said...

Oh a beautiful pink card! Love the image and lots of gorgeous details and lush embellies too :)
Kelly.x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous pink girly card Jayne. Love the image and all your embellies. trying to put all them on one card would scare the hell out of me but you do it so well. Don't learn any restraint - stick to your style!!
Lorraine x

Kim said...

very pink & incredibly pretty! love it!
Kim x

coops said...

wow so stunning jayne.fabulous pink colours and i love this gorgeous image and pretty details :D

xx coops xx

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hello there fellow Pink lover. Isn't it fabulous about the launch of In the Pink? I stopped in for a closer look at your card. I'm linked at #1 & #103 this week, I'd love it if you stopped by to say hello.

WOW Jayne, this is stunning. I can see why she's your new favourite, your colouring of her is awesome! Love all the little details you've added. Good luck with working on restraint, personally, I think you used it at just the right point on this lovely creation!

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Christine L said...

Wow Jayne..... your colouring is absolutely stunning... I love that image and the card you've made with it is fantastic... fabulous embellies and that lush bow!

Thanks for joining in our very first challenge at In The Pink.. it's so exciting to see so many pink lovers sharing their passion! Good luck with this one and hope to see you again soon!

Big hugs
Christine (aka Posh!) x
ITP

Crafty Lark said...

I love the colouring on your card. xx Flora

Elise said...

Oh my GOSH! Jayne!!! Wow wow wow, this is breathtakingly GORGEOUS!!!! Every single detail on here has my eyes open wide .. I absolutely LOVE this!!!! Wowwweeee!

Ps .. Bonnie is doing very fine .. thank you for asking about her! :) She was away on a FABULOUS trip to Ireland (the lucky gal!!) :) And yayyyy .. she's finally come back home! I missed her SO much!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Loopylou. said...

cute card Jayne!! those flowers are beautiful
thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
hugs Lou xxx

June Nelson said...

This is beautiful me darlin im seeing some b=wonderfull coloured images today, but this is the tops, its fabulous wetie love it big huggies June xxxxxxxxxx

Rosietoes said...

Fabulous card Jayne. Beautifully coloured and wonderful detail.

Edna x

Jane said...

This is stunning! Loving all the pink!
Thanks for joining us at SC Challenges xx

Nicola Jayne Saul said...

Absolutely stunning. I love this,pink is my favourite colour too. I adore this card, it is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles, NJ X

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Just found your blog today through the Saturated Canary Challenge and I'm so glad I did. What gorgeous creations! I have had a quick browse through your older posts and your cards are gorgeous! I'm following and coming back for more! Wends x