Wednesday 25 April 2012

Scrumptious Sugarplum Fairy!

Over at the Polkadoodles Challenge Blog this week the theme is red and white. Could you hear me cheering? :)
I love, love, love this colour combo and it gave me the kick up the bum needed to get colouring! I've used this image because it's my absolute favourite from the Sugarplum Daisy CD (it has so much competition because this CD is fabulous!)
I coloured the scene with copics and just tried to go with the flow a bit more! I printed the scene out twice and cut around the second one to make a mask so that I could put some clouds in. I used the inkylicious ink dusters and Tumbled Glass distress ink. The backing papers are also form the Sugarplum Daisy CD as are the completely fabulous ticket sentiments. I've affixed the tickets with a screw brad from Creative Expressions.

The three pearl pin is from Creative Expressions but the red pearl pin is from the Hobby House. The butterfly, dragonfly and fence are all cut with Magnolia Doohickey dies. The ribbon is from Samuel Taylor's (who have reduced their nestabilities to £15 - yeah for them!). The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

The large image scared me a bit as I had to use an 8" x 8" card, but it actually gives you more scope to go mad with embellies and the colouring was much more fun. I haven't enjoyed making anything as much as this in ages. It's not that it's a great card it's just that I used all the embellies I love, I adore the colours and all in all in put real joy in my soul. I think Chris fairy has a point; it does you good to make a card YOU like!!!

Huge thanks to you all for leaving such lovely comments about the Advent Calendar tutorial, it made my day (it took soooooo long to make and write up!).

I'm off for a cuppa and to watch Blue Bloods. Off on a tangent here, but wasn't Stampendous Fran on Create and Craft absolutely the best thing EVER!!!!!

Hugs, Jayne xxx

I'm entering this into:
Polkadoodles - Red and White
My Mums Craft Shop - The Great Outdoors 
Divas by Design - Buttons and/or Bows

14 comments:

CraftygasheadZo said...

It's gorgeous -makes me want to get my cd out and play! Zo xx

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Very proud of you!
This is wonderful...keep flying that kite!
Hugs
Chris xxxx

Anonymous said...

I love this card, the colours are so rich xx

Hazel said...

I'm into red at the minute as well. I haven't seen this CD but that image and tickets are lovely. Hazel x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Jayne. Love the image and the colours are fab. I think you'll have to teach me how to add all the embellies, you do such a good job.
Lorraine x

Nelly said...

Hello Jayne, love this card, even the clouds, great idea, you have done a wonderful job :) thanks for joining us at Polka doodles this week, Nelly x

Anne said...

A beautiful card Jayne, love all your little deatils.
Thanks for playing along with Polka Doodles
Anne x

Kim said...

Fantastic card Jayne, and wonderful colouring! Great layers & details. Love it!
Kim x

Gaynor Greaves said...

Such a cute card, love the LO, thanks for joining our challenge at MMCS, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT xx

Wendy said...

Adorable and gorgeous, love everything about it...Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Wendy xx

Tess said...

Gorgeous card Jayne. So much work has gone into this. Love the colours too. x

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Cute card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

Shell said...

Fab card, I love the layout, thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week.
Shell xx

norine said...

I absolutely ADORE that image!! It looks so awesome in red and white!! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles!!