Thursday 5 April 2012

Lili's Little Fairies - Buttons and Bows

This week's challenge was another of my suggestions so if you absolutely hate it you can blame me!! But really, what's not to like - ribbon and buttons - my craft room is stuffed full of both. Actually, my button jar is also full of dog hair and bits off the floor 'cos my daughter keeps tipping the jar out! lol!!!!

This is going to be one of those vague posts because I made the card a couple of weeks ago and I'm a bit hazy on the detail!!! The backing papers are possibly Forever Friends - aren't they cute and SUCH scrummy colours. I love this LOTV image especially because it doesn't show up my terrible colouring as much as some!! The tag and dragonfly are Magnolia DooHickeys and the doily is the Cheery Lynn French Pastry die. The pins, flowers and ribbon are WOC.

Hope you get a chance to join us this week. We had sooooo many gorgeous entries last week - picking a top 3 was so tough. Thank you for joining in; I get so much inspiration visiting all the amazing blogs. 

I so hope this dizziness gets better soon; still I'm not eating as much so I may be dizzy but I have a smaller bum! Ahhh, my glass is always half full!

Super fairy hugs, Jayne xx

Entering this card into :
Wild Orchid Crafts - Things with Wings
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Buttons and Bows

11 comments:

Lorraine said...

Hi Jayne, Gorgeous card, and love those delicate colours. I'm not too good at ribbons but I'll give it a go!! lol.
Lorraine x

Squirrel x said...

Dizziness? Hope you've not not an inner ear infection sweetie! Love your very pretty card, but I have an issue with bows ..... I simply can't get the darned things to look nice, even with a bow maker! I think it's my sausagy fingers (sob) Hope you feel better soon Sxxx

Unknown said...

Jayne this is my FAV LOTV image I love it great stamping and colours well done I love this card Hugs Elaine

Kim Dibben said...

Beautiful card Jayne, my most favouritist LOTV image ever. Love the soft colours and your fab flowers and bow.
Kim xx

Squirrel x said...

Me again. Thanks for your very kind comment hunny, that's really sweet of you (sort of like care in the community, pmsl) - forgot to put GDT and couldn't work out how to edit the flipping link. Hugs Sxx

June Nelson said...

This is gorgeous lovely fairy, and I love all the lovely colours going on too. I couldnt make the challenge this week due to my surgery. Thank you again for the beautiful card and the one from indigo, she sounds a special little girl, and I was ever so grateful for your kindness darlin, have a lovely easter , huggies and big MWAH's from me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Hi, Hope you are less dizzy. This is lovely!
Sorry to let you all down but I couldn't move when my back went. Luckily my doctor lives two doors away and could help me. I am very relaxed on Diazipan at the moment, which is quite nice.... its less painful and I can now sit down!
I had made my DT card but hadn't photographed it and Mike was working 12 hr day's. Going to try and make a card today.
Hugs Chris x

Rosietoes said...

another super card Jayne. Love the colours.
Hope you are feeling less dizzy though it does seem to have a plus side too. Since the 'flu bug has hit I can't stand the taste of chocolate, coffee or tea. Looks like I might be shrinking a little too! There's always a silver lining!!

Edna x

Dawnll said...

Such a beautiful card- so many wonderful pieces and such wonderful colors.
So glad you could join us at
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Lena Katrine said...

A great work of art!!! Thanks for sharing with us at WOC this time :)
Hugs, Lena Katrine

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful Easel card hun!!! I love the colors and your design. Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbons button and bows challenge!!
Hugs,
Cheryl