Thursday 12 January 2012

Favourite LOTV stamp and grateful thanks.

This week over at Lili's Little Fairies the challenge is 'Favourite LOTV stamp'. I think that this may be my all time favourite stamp of any make - I just love this girl's attitude. This is going to be my daughter in about 4 years time!!! Thankfully, I was organised enough to make this card before this blasted pain started!

How gorgeous are these Papermania Portobello Road papers? Now, Fairy Elise laughed when I said this, but, these papers made me think of the Sex Pistols which encouraged me to go for the distressed look! It's the Union Jack thing, Vivienne Westwood, Malcolm McLaren - you see where I was going don't you? Hmmm.

The Union Jack ribbon is also Papermania - gorgeous isn't it? The bunting is a Whimsy Stamps 'banner' die. The bakers twine and flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I distressed pretty much everything with antique linen and walnut stain distress ink. The image is coloured with copics.

It's been a rough old week and I wanted to say a big thank you to my blogging buddies for sending get well wishes. Extra special thanks to Edna and Hazel who are also not feeling great but took the time to send hugs. I'm so grateful, your warm wishes are a boost to morale and keeping me going at the moment.

Don't forget to join us over at Lili's Little Fairies - there's great candy from the Ribbon Girl to be won!

Hope that you all have a great week, big fairy hugs, Jayne xx

6 comments:

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

iTS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL jAYNE.
Hope you feel better soon.
Hugs
Chris xx

Hazel said...

It's brilliant - love all the red, white and blue. Might have to look at that banner die, I've wanted one for ages and can never find it, and then I forget until I see it used again!! Age.

No thanks necessary, but gratefully received nevertheless. lol I've started my second day of tablets so I'm expecting a miracle any time about now. Hazel x

Rosietoes said...

Fabulous card Jayne. You have used these papers to perfection and it goes without saying that I just love the flowers!

Hope you are feeling a wee bit better each day.
Hugs,
Edna x (PS still taking the tablets LOL)!

Elise said...

LOL! Jayne you crack me up! I'm still giggling over here as I read your post!

Well, your sex pistol papers are absolutely GORRRGEOUS! hehehe!!! I love the colors and I totally agree, this image is DARLING! I love it and how you've coloured her! Love your distressing and the banner up in the corner .. adds such a cool touch to everything. :)

Big Hugs to you,
Elise

Alizabethy said...

Fabulous card - just love it!

Elsea Designs said...

Great Card, I will have to get this image. Those papers are fab too, they would be great for blokiee cards, which are normally a bit of a challenge.
Thanks for the kind comments you left on my blog and I hope you feel better soon.
Lorry :o) xx